Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I bite my nails a lot,,is that a mental problem?

Biting of nails denotes anxiety or stress.It could also just be a nasty habit.Something you do unconsciously.I bite my nails a lot,,is that a mental problem?
No, i don't think biting your nails is a mental problem. It's just your habit, a mannerism. It probably occurs a lot when you're nervous or something. Most of my classmates also bite their nails. But try and kick off that habit, you don't want biting your nails when they're dirty, you never know how many germs are stuck in them.I bite my nails a lot,,is that a mental problem?
I used to do that as a bad habit when I was nervous, but there is this stuff you can buy that will help. It's like a nail polish but you can't see it at all, it's just there, but it tastes friggin awful. It got me to quit biting my nails.
It is no mental problem. It is just a habit, but bad habit. Try to avoid it.
It's a mental habit. I used to do it too. I stopped by painting my nails a really bright color. If you do it subconsciously this might work for you too, when you bring a bright blue nail up to your mouth you will immediately notice the color and you can stop your self.
Nail biting is the habit of biting one's fingernails or toenails during periods of nervousness, stress, hunger, or boredom. It can also be a sign of mental or emotional disorder. The clinical name for nail biting is chronic onychophagia. It occurs in 28% to 33% of children ages 7-10 years old, 44% of adolescents, 19% to 29% of young adults and 5% of older adults. It is more common in boys.


Hope this helps


matado 89
Freud's Psychosexual Stages of Development: would call us nail bitters ';orally fixated';
Yes it is a mental problem. It serves no function, it is not pretty and it has no rational reason. It is amasing to me that many people don't realize that nail-biting and face-picking and hair pulling are mental problems. They say, if many people do it it can't be a mental problem. Guess what? It is very COMMON mental problem. Also, having mental problems doens't make you crazy.
lol no! so many people do it, it doesnt not mean they are mental...it's a habit, a bad habit. even i use to bite my nails, but i learned how to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment