Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have a problem with biting my nails!?

I just do it involuntarily - I will be sitting at my desk at school and I'll just start biting my nails. I try to grow them out, but I never can. How can I stop?I have a problem with biting my nails!?
Try to set yourself a goal - every time week you don't bite your nails, you get a prize. If you don't bite your nails for a whole 2 months, then treat yourself to a manicure. Put something gross on them to help you stop. Good luck!I have a problem with biting my nails!?
I have the same problem. I've been biting my nails forever, and have only been able to start the stopping process now. What I do is use a nail growing formula like one from Sally Hansen, and a clear nail polish from Hoof ';Stop the Bite';, which tastes SO AWFUL. Even worse, if you do bite your nails, the taste sticks on your tongue and lips and you can't get rid of it easily. So it is a very, very persuasive way to stop, because it's just so hard to deal with that taste all the time. Another thing that helped was keeping a nail file on hand, and every time I noticed I was biting I filed instead.


Reward yourself for every nail that grows longer than usual (I saved a dollar for every long unbitten nail at the end of a week, and bought myself something small and fun or tasty at the end of the week), and don't give up!
I used to have the same problem... this is what i did





1) put band-aids on my fingers ( to cover the fingernail)





2) soak finger nail in lemon juice- can add salt (so they taste bad)





3) put gloves on your hands





4) nail polish





5) Tape your nails





6) Chew gum- to occupy mouth





7) put vinegar on them





Hope this helps (these are some tips for at home also)
The very best way is to get a manicure. Get fake nails and keep them for at least two months. The hard nails will make it difficult to bite, plus, you won't want to mess up your pretty nails! I chewed my nails for years and this is what finally stopped the biting. Chewing gum does help, but the fake nails will help most... Good Luck!
i have the same problem and what i do is naill polish them and when the nail polish starts to come off a bit i polish them again just keep doing this and you'll totally ignore your nails next thing you know there already grown out!
OMG i have the same problem what i would suggest is to coat your fingers with something that doesn't taste good like hand sanitizer or polish remover when i do that i cant stand to try to bite them
Try chewing something you love





put something sour on them like lemon





tape your nails if you have to





try clipping your nails so it will be hard to bite them





try your hardest i know you can do it





good luck!





%26lt;3
trying putting sour stuff to your nails it might work I have bitting lips problem now my lips are huge!





answer mine pretty plz鈾?br>

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
Try keeping nail polish on your nails. you could also try chewing gum.
try chewing gum
dip them in hot sauce or pepper spray that is exactly what my mom does

No comments:

Post a Comment