Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have a problem with byting my nails? who can help me with cutting byting nails?

I agree with a lot of the answers already posted.





I habitually pick at my fingers, just the skin around the nail, the cuticle, etc. I try to stop myself. Every time I start picking, I clasp my hands together in my lap until the urge passes.





Also, you could try painting your nails, or try that stuff you put on your nails that tastes really bitter. They sell it right along with nail polish.





Good luck!I have a problem with byting my nails? who can help me with cutting byting nails?
I stopped biting mine when I saw a picture of a woman who had to have her stomach opened up to remove years of accumulated fingernails.I have a problem with byting my nails? who can help me with cutting byting nails?
Rub fish oil into your nails.It will taste pretty bad and you will soon stop it.


You can also think of all the germs that sit on your hands which is more than the bottom of your shoes.....
Tape your nails. One way to stop biting your nails is to tape the end of each with Scotch tape. Then when you go to bite your nail, you'll get an unpleasant mouthful of tape.





This would be very tacky for a teen or adult to do but I sucked my thumb as a child and my mom couldn't get me to stop by conventional methods like, yelling at me, calling me a sissy, spanking me, water torture like the president condones, etc. What she did though was put black shoe polish on my thumbs to keep me from sucking them. It was a very short period of time before I kicked the habit.





Black shoe polish wouldn't be very attractive to you but a neutral shoe polish would be undetectable, at least until the next time you went to bite your nails. Try it by getting up and putting it on your finger tips and nails first thing in the morning, at noon, and in the evening. It's a cheap resolution and will be something you can laugh about later on when you tell people how you stopped.
What I did.


This may seem weird


Get some deordrant


From the store


Dont use the one you have now


Well rub all your nails in it


Then when you try to bite your nails


You will be digustiued


Sorry about the spelling


Good Luck
I used to have the exact same problem! It may sound silly, but it really helps to put gloves or a scented lotion on your hands. It helps because you won't have the urge to bite your nails if you know you're going to taste gross lotion in your mouth or you have gloves on so you can't. It's worked well for me and I broke the habit. Good Luck!
well, you could put a bad-tasting (not poisonous, damaging, or toxic, though) substance of your nails, and then you will eventually be able to go a day without biting!





or





you could get a friend to tell you whenever you are biting your nails, so that you could realize it and make a mental note.





oh, and its spelled ';biting'; not ';byting'; =D
I used to bite my nails a lot then I had ecrilic nails applied and that kicked the habit.





Try puting nail polish on them.. or puting something you dont like on them, like hot sauce.
Look at your nails under a microscope, you will see how dirty and ugly they are, I am sure you will stop byting them!
Whenever you feel like you're gonna bite your nails, just squeeze your hands in a tight fist.
i have the same problem this is what i do.....try to keep your nails painted at all times...then when nervous or under pressure...you can just chip it off that is what i do, or you can get gel/acrylic nails, it will be expensive but you cant bite threw them
okay, paint your nails. paint them with a dark color and you'll notice how much of a bad habit it is when your hand comes up to your face.





i used to bite my nails too but it really isnt good for you nails... or your teeth. or try chewing gum or sticking a lollipop in your mouth when you feel like biting your nails :)





good luck. and STOP BITING YOUR NAILS ;)
my freind has been bitting her nails for 16 years its discusting


try painting them


or apply fake nails


it takes 21 days to break a habbit so start a countdown!!
There's stuff you can buy at any drug store or wal-mart.


It stuff that makes your fingers taste like garbage, so then everytime you put your nail in your mouth, it tastes disgusting, you'll never want to bite them again!
LOL....I have the same problem for almost 20 years. Then I meet a guy I really like, then one day I noticed that I was not biting my nails anymore. Since then I occassionally bite my nails when I am nervous or just plain upset. The best way to quit is not to think about it. Find a hobby or anything that keep you busy so you do not think about biting your nails or feel nervous or upset. All the products your get at the store helps to a certain point, but when you are thinking about it, you would look at your nail and soon, you would be biting it again. The best is keep yourself occupied with anything or keep your hands busy. Then one day you will noticed that ';wow'; you have actual nails that is growing. Good Luck!
New York Day Spa advise you to get the false nail in the drug store and put them over your natural nails. A) You will notice that this will make your hands look beautiful and B) It will help you to stop biting your nails. When you try to bite these nails they will feel different and this will help to reduce your biting tendensy/ nervousness.
Put hot sauce on your fingers; or something you strongly dislike! haha; it sounds stupid, but my friend did it, and it worked.





Or, just keep your nails reallly short








or just chew gum instead





[ :
Get them painted really pretty so that you wont want to wreak them.

No comments:

Post a Comment