Saturday, August 21, 2010

My middle finger, left hand top joint (closest to the nail) aches; could this potentially be a health problem?

Hi, I'm a 16 year old healthy female. I don't crack my knuckles and have no irregular habits (includes medication, dieting, etc.). However, the top joint in my middle finger only on my left hand has been hurting mildly for around a year or so. I have not had an injury there or anything unusual. Let me just clarify that it's a very mild pain that I notice when I grip something or press down using that finger. It does not affect me when I do tasks at all, but I notice the aching feeling, and I think it is irregular for someone my age to be having any sort of pains at all. I am particularly worried that it will develop into arthritis or some joint problem when I grow older.





Any explanation towards why I am feeling this in my joint, and anything to solve this problem?





Other info: My parents don't have arthritis (don't think it's hereditary), I get a daily intake of calcium and do not have any other joint/bone problems. I have no diseases, and I have not inquired my doctor because it's not a severe problem, but I will the next time I see her if someone notifies me it could be serious.My middle finger, left hand top joint (closest to the nail) aches; could this potentially be a health problem?
You are never too young to have arthritis.You need to see your doctor!
  • facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment