Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I've been biting and eating my nails almost my entire life. I'm 18 years old. Can this cause other problems?

Can it contribute to acne? I had been battling with it for a couple of years and biting nails was something I did every day. Could it have helped aggravate the acne because of the bacteria in my nails?I've been biting and eating my nails almost my entire life. I'm 18 years old. Can this cause other problems?
its just a bad habit, nothing else will happen unless u have dirt in ur nailsI've been biting and eating my nails almost my entire life. I'm 18 years old. Can this cause other problems?
oh yes all kinds of nasty problems because of bacteria lurking under the nails, not to mention the sharp edges of the swallowed ones possibly cutting u up inside your digestive tract.......and one more possibility, getting caught in your appendix and causing appendicitis or rupture and end up[needing to have it removed surgically.....Please stop this as soon as u can. Take care! Best to u!
Um......yeh....this can cause other problems....like (no offense seriously) but most people consider that to be pretty gross....and probably anyone you want to consider dating is not going to find it particularly sexy. If people can quit smoking, you can stop biting your nails. Put some tape on the ends of your fingers. Good luck!
Well, it's definitely a thought. I mean, all sorts of stuff live under your nails. I bite my nails myself, but have smooth clear skin, but things vary from one to the next. Anyway, please stop biting your nails. I'm 24 and I haven't stopped yet. Furthermore, it has got to be one of the most unattractive habits ever. I mean, look down, right now at your fingers! They're probably all jagged and whatnot. No lady likes a man with hands like that, so please try to stop asap.
I did it and i got really sick with diahrea and then a cold and projectile vomiting because of the dirt and bacteria under my nails. Bad stuff, suggestion put gloves on.
yes, do you know how many germs are on your hands ?








A LOT!!!!





Just use a nail clippers already sheesh
I did it for the first 33 years of my life and then I hurt my hand and had it operated on, when the bandages came off my nails had grown long and looked good. I then took up chewing gum and you can't bite the nails and chew at the same time. Now time for a new game, see how long you can grow them but this runs into another problem they get caught in things and either they tear or break off. While writing this it brought me back to when I enlisted in the Navy at age 17 during WWII, at the physical the doctor asked me if I bit my nails, I told him NO that were all ways breaking off from playing basket ball, so I lied. Spent 3 years in the Navy.
STOP BITING THEM!


Under your nails are little bug eggs and germs and bacteria and dirt that can make you sick to your stomach (REAL BADLY)





eW. STOP doing it... :\

No comments:

Post a Comment